University Compliance

Other Reporting Options

Reporting options and resources from across Brown University.

In addition to the Anonymous Reporting Hotline, Brown has several reporting options and resources managed by other University offices. The information listed below is intended to provide helpful contact information to these resources, but it is not an all-inclusive list of Brown University reporting resources.

Public Safety

For emergencies call 401-863-4111 or dial x3-4111 from any campus location. For more information on Public Safety Resources please visit the Department of Public Safety Website.

Visit the Department of Public Safety website

Administrator On Call - 24/7 Support for Students

The Administrator on Call (AOC) is available to provide support to all Brown undergraduate, graduate, and medical students in need of immediate assistance 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. The AOC is an on-campus staff member from the Division of Campus Life who can provide students with immediate support and referrals and gather information for timely and coordinated follow-up. For AOC assistance, students should call 401-863-3322 and request to be connected to the AOC. For more information, visit the Division of Campus Life AOC webpage.

Visit the Administrator On Call (AOC) website

Athletic Compliance

The Athletic Compliance Office provides education and support to student-athletes, coaches, administrators and supporters to comply with the rules. Athletic compliance concerns can be reported to 401-863-7584 or

Email the Compliance office

Student Campus Incident Complaint

The Campus Incident Complaint is used to report information to the Office of Student Conduct & Community Standards which may constitute violations of the Code of Student Conduct. By submitting a complaint, you are reporting that a student has violated the Code of Student Conduct and you request that the University become involved in the matter through the Student Conduct Procedures.

For more information or to file a complaint

Information Security Incident

Any major security incidents should be reported directly to the Information Security Group via email.

Ombuds Office

The University Ombuds Office provides an independent, confidential, neutral and informal resource for faculty, staff, postdoctoral fellows and associates, graduate students and medical students who have concerns arising from or affecting their work and studies at Brown. The Ombuds Office is not a place of legal notice for the University and does not receive formal reports but can help visitors identify if and how they would like to make a formal report to the University, or find other ways to raise an issue to the University.

For more information visit the Ombuds Office Website

Discrimination, Harassment and Bias

Brown University is committed to "sustaining a campus culture in which each individual's humanity and dignity are acknowledged and institutional resources are available." Our policies are intended to provide a fair, prompt and reliable mechanism for determining whether Brown University’s policies and guidelines have been violated and, if so, to provide appropriate resolution.

Discrimination, Harassment and Bias Reporting Resources

Title IX and Gender Equity

Brown University is committed to creating a work, learning, and social environment that is free from harassment and discrimination based on gender.  The Title IX and Gender Equity Office is a resource to faculty, staff, students, and visitor interested in seeking support or addressing gender-based discrimination through a formal or informal complaint procedure.  You can contact the office Monday through Friday, between 9:00 AM and 5:00 PM via telephone at 401-873-2386 or 401-863-5140 or email at For immediate crisis response, see Sexual Assault Crisis Support. 

Title IX and Gender Equity

Sexual Assault Crisis Support

Students can call the Sexual Assault Response Line at 401-863-6000 for confidential crisis support and options counseling. For more information on sexual and interpersonal violence prevention and response please see the BWell Health Promotion website or the Title IX and Gender Equity website.

Faculty, staff and visitors can contact RI Helpline at 1-800-494-8100 or the National Domestic Violence Helpline at 1-800-799-7233. For more information on sexual and interpersonal violence resources please see Title IX and Gender Equity website or the Rhode Island Help Line website.  

BWell Health Promotion

Title IX and Gender Equity

Rhode Island Help Line

Research Compliance and Integrity Concerns

The Office of Research Integrity (ORI) supports the Brown University research community and facilitates the conduct of ethical research in accordance with governing federal and state regulations and University policies. There are several avenues available to report research compliance and integrity concerns:

Confidentially email the Director of the Office of Research Integrity

Email the Vice President for Research, serving as the Institutional Official

Report anonymously via the Anonymous Reporting Hotline

Don’t Know Where To Report?

If you are not sure where to report, feel free to use the Anonymous Reporting Hotline by calling toll-free 877-318-9184 or report online here. The Hotline process will ensure your concern is addressed by the appropriate people. Learn more about the Anonymous Reporting Hotline here. The Hotline is NOT a 911 or Emergency Service: Do not use this site to report events presenting an immediate threat to life or property. Reports submitted through this service may not receive an immediate response. If you require emergency assistance, please contact your local authorities. To contact Brown University Public Safety call 401-863-4111 or dial x3-4111 from any campus location